We’re all excited to announce the latest release of BrainFrame v0.28.0! For this release we focused primarily on speed and platform optimizations.
If you’ve already installed BrainFrame, simply run:
If you haven’t installed BrainFrame, then follow our installation instructions.
Capsules from v0.27 are not compatible with v0.28. You will need to replace any previously downloaded capsules under
/var/local/brainframe/capsules with new capsules downloaded from the Downloads Page. Check the logs in
brainframe compose logs -f core if capsules aren’t loading.
- Many performance optimizations and fixes that should yield higher FPS throughput with any capsule.
- Split up BrainFrame into several microservices, increasing stability and recovery in case any crashes were to occur.
- Added support for nvidia hardware-accelerated video decoding
- Added a tool for hosting video files as streams, for performance testing purposes.
- New Capsules!
- “Calculator Object Speed” Can output the pixel speed of any tracked object. Useful for dashboards!
- “Detector Person Openvino” Yet another cpu-optimized person detector. This capsule is a good generic person detector, which may work better on indoor scenarios than “Detector Person Vehicle Bike”
- New API’s for logging into the Aotu cloud (more features coming soon!)
- New Documentation and Tutorials!
- The dashboard has been updated to Grafana 8.0
- Fixed the issue where bounding boxes wouldn’t align with the objects in the video!
- Fixed various segfaults that would happen in v0.27
- Fixed several memory leaks
- Fixed various streaming related errors
- Fixed an error on the client when an alert screenshot isn’t found