Server Setup Error: Cannot start service database

Hi,
I got an error at setting up Brainframe Server. A face a problem to start the server so I decide to reinstall the server. However, I got a problem.
Below is my error message.

ERROR: for database Cannot start service database: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint brainframe_database_1 (a016ba5100958c2650aa9912f28594b45d1a7bf250d3c8523bb96ed42f1ad172): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:5432: bind: address already in use
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Thank you.

BrainFrame’s database (Postgres) uses port 5432, and it looks like you may have another application using this port. You can check which application is using that port with the following command:

sudo lsof -i :5432

Try stopping that application and restarting BrainFrame. If you want to keep that application running, you can change which port BrainFrame exposes the database on by adding a file called .env in the same directory as the docker-compose.yml with the following contents:

DATABASE_PORT=5433

These configuration options are described here: https://aotu.ai/docs/advanced_usage/server_configuration/

Thank you so much! That works very well!

I’m very glad to hear it!